Sunday, September 21, 2008

Scud's Baptism Day

Scud was baptized on August 30th. He has been so excited for this day and talked of little else for the month before it. I am so proud of him for the wonderful choices he is making and the amazing young man he is. He was just as handsome as could be that day and I couldn't stop hugging him. Handsome and happy and healthy and good. I couldn't help feeling like a lucky mama.

He asked his Grandpa (my dad) to baptize him and JDub confirmed him. It was a good day.

Here is a smattering of pictures from that day. It was a joy to have all of our friends and family there to support Scud and celebrate him.

I feel terrible, though, that our best friends J&J missed it because I forgot to tell them what time it was. Sorry guys! You were very, very missed.








This one of Scud and I was actually taken the next day when I realized I hadn't gotten a picture with my handsome guy.


And for a bonus, here's a cute picture of Coco with his "squirt gun." JDub read an excellent tip about giving kids squirt bottles to play with instead of squirt guns. They are sturdy, easy to use, carry more water and pretty cheap. Some of the best advice we ever took. We got three big bottles for a dollar each and the kids have toroughly enjoyed them all summer.

2 comments:

Jenni said...

May I invite you to see the photo story of W's baptism this summer--it was extremely unique. :) Scud might like seeing them.
http://baptismstories.blogspot.com/2008/08/wsb.html

Jeff and Jessie said...

I am totally bummed we missed it too!!! WE would have loved to be there, my only concern is, Jeff doesn't have a kilt! Gotta get him one of those!