Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Tools

"Men have become the tools of their tools."
Henry David Thoreau


Dear Mr. Thoreau,

How do you manage to always get to the heart of the matter and to be SO right SO often?

Trust me, you have no idea how right you are on this one. You didn't even live to see the computer age.

Thanks for the reminder. I'm fighting the good fight, trying to let my computer be a tool for me rather than the other way around.

Your Computer Addicted Friend Who is Desperately Seeking Walden-Like Peace,
Heather

1 comment:

Emily said...

i love Thoreau. he inspires me. i thought i'd leave my favorite quote here -- "If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours."

:)