Monday, October 10, 2011

Looking Up--The Only Thing That Will Possibly See Me Through the Next Few Weeks

"Experience has taught me that if we, like President Monson, exercise our faith and look to God for help, we will not be overwhelmed with the burdens of life. We will not feel incapable of doing what we are called to do or need to do. We will be strengthened, and our lives will be filled with peace and joy.3 We will come to realize that most of what we worry about is not of eternal significance—and if it is, the Lord will help us. But we must have the faith to look up and the courage to follow His direction." --Carl B. Cook


From this talk: http://lds.org/general-conference/2011/10/it-is-better-to-look-up?lang=eng&query=overwhelmed

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Heather! Hope you are doing well. I occasionally stop by your blog and wanted to leave a comment for a change!

We are doing well - we have a 6 mo. old baby girl already and a very, very energetic 3-year old. I think I have quite possibly found the best OB in the world here in NC - you would not believe it! Just saw him last week for a physical and was reminded of this again and thought you would be happy to know this. He's the kind of doctor who does breech deliveries, sees patients no one else will take care of (esp. homebirthers who need to see an md for some reason), etc. It was nice to be in good hands for another scary preeclampsia delivery.

Hope all is well for you! I think I saw on your blog before that you were back to school - if you still are, hope it is going well for you! You were such a great doula and we're happy to have had you share Charlie's birth with us. :)

Heather said...

Thank you, Charlotte. It's so wonderful to hear from you. I still check in with your family on your blog, too, but am also a lurker and don't always leave comments. Your daughter is beautiful and I am SO pleased that things are going well for your family. You've been through SO MUCH in the last couple of years!

And Hooray! on finding a good OB. I am glad you've been in good hands.

It was such a joy to be part of Charlie's birth. I still have the card you gave me with a picture of him. It's tucked in a drawer somewhere and I see it every once in a while and smile.