Monday, June 12, 2006

Ah... Mashuga

It's funny how Mashuga got his nickname. He was a tiny baby and I just started calling him Mashuga Man. And it stuck. Sometimes when I say it, it almost sounds like a sneeze.

"Ah, ah, ah Mashuga!!"
"Gesund heit."
"Danke."

So, do I have a point to this post. Maybe. Maybe not.

So, yesterday at the park Mashuga informed me of something very fascinating.

"Mashuga, time to go," I told him.
"Okay, Mom. Let's go," he replied. And then the kicker. "And when you get in and put the key in the car, I'll make it start. I'm in charge of this world."

Yep. The whole world. Everything. That air you're breathing? Your car starting? Thunderstorms? That's Mashuga.

I asked him whether or not he's really in charge of the WHOLE WORLD.

"Like, are you the one who makes it rain."

"Yes," he looks at me like I'm a bit dotty. "I'm in charge of this world."

I'm not sure how everything functioned before 2003 when he came along.

I asked him a little later what else he was in charge of.

"Cleaning my room," he said.

Now I'm a little worried. If he's as dilligent at being in charge of the world as he is at cleaning his room, we're all in trouble.

Or maybe the reason he has a hard time keeping his room clean is that he's so busy being in charge of the whole world. That's a lot of work for such a little guy.

No comments: