Monday, June 05, 2006

Talkin' Bout Baby Names

So, Mashuga says we're having a boy. He says he won't know what his name is until he comes out of my tummy.

But JDub. JDub knows. We were discussing it at dinner tonight.

JDub: "It's Tony!"
Me: "Tony? Um... We're not Italian."
JDub: "Tony's not an Italian name. It's a biblical name."
Me: "Oh really. Where's Tony in the bible?"
JDub: "Peter's nickname was Tony."

At this point I just about blew orange juice out my nose, I was caught so off guard. I laughed for a while longer and then we began some slightly sacreligious interchanges.

(Jesus with a thick Italian accent) Hey, Tony. How's it goin'. How about droppin' those nets and following me. I've got a job for you.

So, I'm not at all persuaded to consider Tony as a name for our future offspring, my love for Tony Danza not withstanding. But Peter might be in the running.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey there! We always had a hard time agreeing on names but I like what we got! One time we couldn't agree so I got first name and he had middle name. He he! I always liked Thomas (Tommy for short), and Nephi is cool to me. Just some ideas. I love baby name picking so I had to jump in!

Sarah Jean said...

Ha! That's awesome. I love it.