Monday, November 20, 2006

Croup Stinks!

So, I'm home with two boys who have croup today. Yucky, yucky, yucky! Last night was the second night of it and croup is ALWAYS much worse at night. Scud was bad the first night, but aside from feeling icky, he slept well last night. Mashuga, on the other hand, was pretty severe last night. He was barely breathing. Once morning came and I was coherent enough to think about it, I think a visit to the ER might not have been a bad idea. But, alas, I didn't think about it. And he and I both made it through the night. Lots of bed-switching and sitting right by the humidifier and spending an hour in the steamy bathroom and a nice warm bath.

So, I took him to the doctor this morning and they gave him a steroid that should take effect by tonight and open up his airways more.

So, I'm sure hoping for a peaceful night tonight. Or at least some rest.

And hoping that my guys will start feeling better very soon. I hate seeing my sweet little ones sick.

No comments: