Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Photo Journal of the last few months

So, I've been teasing you all by promising photos. Then, I've never actually posted any. So, here you go. Some of the interesting moments of our last few months.

Microburst

Remember me telling you about the hurricane-like storm that blew down our 50-foot pine tree and knocked down powerlines all over the city? Well, here are some of the pictures. It was quite an experience.






First Day of School

Kaitybean and Scud in their school uniforms. I LOVE school uniforms. Not only are they cute, they completely cut out morning arguments and the need for me to shout "You are NOT wearing that to school!"


Kaitybean and Scud show off their backpacks.




Mashuga and Scud on the first day of Kindergarten.


On the first day of school, the kids all came outside for a flag ceremony - complete with members of the Army National Guard providing music and flag raising. Pretty cool.



Scud's 6th Birthday
Ah, my Scud boy. What a cutie he can be. Here are some pictures from his 6th birthday.



Oops, I did it again!
Um, I have oven issues. We now have a strict rule against plastic in the oven. This is the second time I have melted a great deal of plastic in the oven. JDub had put a bowl of rolls in the oven a few days before. I turned the oven on to preheat and soon the whole house was filled with smoke. Smoke detectors went off. Mashuga ran outside crying. There were little fires all over the bottom of the oven. I felt like a complete dork. Here's a picture of the after math.


Just one more. So glad to have happy kids.



1 comment:

Melzie said...

Wow on the tree-- I love uniforms too, I so want them- especially here! The kids, as always, are super cute! And the oven- LOL! Maybe a post it that says "check inside before preheating? :)