Saturday, December 09, 2006

JDub In Pain

I sure love this guy. And I hate to see him hurting.

Last night I went shopping with my sister and came home to see JDub walking around the house like Igor. Tight, crooked shoulders. Barely moving his neck.

Apparently he had been having severe muscle spasms in his shoulder and neck. At one point, just before we got home, the pain was so bad that it knocked him to the ground and he couldn't get up again for five minutes.

OUCH!

I knew he must have been in serious pain, becuase this man does not complain about anything. He doesn't get sick, feel pain. He just works through it. I always know it's serious when he actually tells me about it.

So, I did everything I could for him last night. Got him in a hot shower. Icy Hot. Alternating ice and heat. Ibuprofen. Still he had such a difficult night sleeping. Every time he needed to move, it hurt terribly. So, he'd just muscle through it and get from one position to another as fast as he could.

Poor guy.

I've always thought that I'm going to love growing old with him, but at the same time I think growing old together has to be hard. I think of how hard it was for me last night to watch him be in pain, to see him unable to do the things he wanted to do. I imagine one of the really hard parts of growing old together is watching while your sweetheart's body begins to fail him. To see him hurt and do everything you can, but know that there's nothing you can do about it.

He's at the chiropractor right now. Hopefully they'll be able to get it fixed for him, he's thinking he's just got something out of whack.

I hope they can help him feel better, for his sake and mine. It hurts my heart to see him hurting.

1 comment:

Chaotic Mom said...

My Hubby has had tons of back pain. It IS hard to see him hurt like that, especially when he's been such a superhero physically in the past. Age takes its toll, as does some of the crazy things he's done in the Army.

I'll never forget, though, when I had to lift him from the truck to a wheel chair. He had to get his back in shape enough to keep his job, to deploy. Sick, isn't it?