Monday, May 15, 2006

What are the odds?

They chose 9 jurors out of about 50 in our jury pool. And guess who won the lottery? Yep, little old me. So, I'll be listening to testimony from (edited) and weighing evidence about (edited for content, it would be illegal for me to tell you this part) over the next couple of days.

I must say, I am a teensy bit excited about the being on a jury part. It hasn't been terribly exciting yet, but it's like we get to solve a very important puzzle and I feel all important and such. And I feel like I'm doing my civic duty.

I just wish I didn't have to arrange babysitters, miss my kids, not get anything done that I had intended on doing this week and sit for hours without food or a bathroom (remember, I am pregnant here). Not that I'm complaining.

I'm honored. Really.

I'll tell you how it goes, after I'm actually able to tell you something.

I will tell you this much, though. Certain defense attorneys would be much less distracting and much easier to take seriously if they'd get a stinking haircut. Buddy, if you don't make enough doing this lawyer gig to pay somebody to cut your hair, I'll pitch in $10 bucks from the lavish wages I'm getting for this here jury job. But, please. I beg you. Get a trim.

No comments: